Saturday night we took the kids and Mike's parents and sisters through the temple just 3 miles from our house. Aidan loved the tour map, as you can see in the picture he is holding it open, during the movie presentation before and in the temple he got excited when they showed or we went into a room on the tour map, he would say loudly "They match, look mom they match." Both kids loved the baptismal font, claiming the swimming pool as their favorite again, and I loved the staircase up the middle of the temple, and Mike loved the waiting room for the family and friends for the weddings, there is a huge window so if you are waiting you can still see the brides and grooms. The temple is beautiful, and so fun, to have just right here. The windows on the temple are amazing with these cut out stars, just wonderful. Tristan and Michelle were working the temple that day so we got to say hi to both. Aidan didn't recognize Michelle, but RAN right up to Tristan without hesitation. My friend Missy and her Mom were also working the temple and the missionary that did the introduction of the video presentation was from Singapore, so Mike was excited about that as well. I am so happy to have a temple just down the road and to live right next to the only city in the world with two temples, that is pretty cool.
We learned that Oquirrh means shining, or glowing in one Indian language, which makes the name even better too. Glowing Mountian Temple, I just love it.
3 comments:
I didn't know that is what it meant...glowing that is pretty cool. Cute pics you have such an adorable family.
How fun to do it with Angela & Dave. We are hoping to get down later in the summer.
How fun. I'm hoping we'll be able to take our kids through as well. I love how excited Aidan was about finding "matches". So cute!
Post a Comment