Monday, June 15, 2009

Delta Family Reuniun


This weekend we were in Delta celebrating Mike's side of the family. We had plans of boating, and playing at the Delta Res, but our plans were quickly changed by the weather. We still had Great Food, and played games, but the boating was canceled once the clouds just kept coming.

On Friday we had dinner at the main park in Delta and Aidan got to ride his scooter for the first time on a skate park. Dylan helped him go up and down, but Aidan thought he was pretty cool. Madisyn showed off her new trick-STANDING BACK HANDSPRING- and everyone was impressed. Mike showed off his volleyball skills, what he has left, and I showed off my wonder dog Lacy Lu Lu. Lacey wu wu as Aidan says. Renee made bubble juice and the kids used fly swatters to blow the bubbles. The kids loved it. That night we played Cash and Guns my new favorite game with Mike's parents and sisters.

On Saturday we went to the park by the hospital where life flight landed to take someone up to Salt Lake. Huge highlight for everyone. We played Olympics with the kids. Javelin, Discus, Shot Put, High Jump and Long Jump. The kids all loved it especially the older ones when they were in the lead. Renee even made medals for each event. Then we had a baseball game in the rain. The kids and I went to the car and watched Stardust (one of my favorite movies) in the warm dry car. We then went to the church to have lunch and called it a great Family Reunion. Thank you Renee for all that you did it was really fun.

2 comments:

Windy said...

How cute! I am glad you still had fun despite the weather. I love how obsessed you are with Cash and Guns haha. I was trying to explain this game to Cash and he was laughing at me. It is a fun game I must admit!

Mel said...

It sounded so fun. I know my kids loved it. I wish I could have gone too.