Lacey might have had the most fun. As soon as we got to the campsite Lacey was in the water. She is such a water dog.
We camped again in Rockport this year, but I decided lets try and go camping in June. June is too cold and this year, it RAINED and RAINED making Rockport too full so there were NO beaches. The kids still had fun, and I guess camping wouldn't be camping without MUD! We got there on Thursday and the weather was OK. We froze in the tent and had to keep each other warm, but it was ok. Friday was wonderful, the kids kept telling me that this was the best camp trip ever. We took the tube for multiple floats over our water covered beach looking for Fish, Aidan's favorite. The kids played on the little beach. They made huge mud pies transporting water from the lake to the sand bowls they had made. Aidan pushed his monster trucks through the sand. It's a Mud Mud World! :) I was able to READ READ READ and I finished the entire book Hunger Games from start to finish. (good book, quick read, reads like a movie) Mike and Aidan went fishing on the point, didn't catch anything, but Aidan loved the "wormas". Aidan and Madisyn are both troopers when it comes to having to do their business on the vault toilets, but the one toilet had caterpillars, and Aidan kept saying not to go in the one with the caterpillars, but reminded me over and over again that they don't bite. I think he was torn between liking the caterpillars or hating the caterpillars.
On Saturday we woke up to rain and went to bed with rain. It rained all day long. We watched movies on Mike's I-Phone and I-Pod, played all the games we had, read stories, wrestled with Mike and went for a drive to Kamas, where I still want to know how they have such nice houses, how do they make their money. We even stopped to get Push-up pops the kids favorite camping treat. It might have Rained the entire time but we made the best of it.
Then Sunday it was Father's Day. (check next post) It was raining as well, so Mike and I packed up the campsite while the kids and Lacey watched movies in the car, nice and dry. I only fell down the huge mud mountain once, but once was enough. Mike and I were exhausted by the end. Next year I am going for July Camp Trip, maybe we will have better weather.
1 comment:
You guys are troopers. We would have left once the first rain drop fell. Of course, we wouldn't be camping in the first place because we don't own any camp gear nor do we know how to use any of it! We're more of "hotel people." Unfortunately, my kids won't have the fun experiences like yours are so lucky to have.
Post a Comment