Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yeah, for Sewing...

So thanks to Rebecca for having such a great craft night, I was able to complete my first sewing project. With much help from everyone. I learned tons, and loved every minute of it. WOW, my first FULL sewing project, with a few mistakes, but I am really proud of it. Aidan helped me pick out the fabric, he loves NEMO!! I plan on making a cute girl one for Madisyn.





For Christmas my parents gave me cash to go pick out my own sewing machine. I finally got around this week to finding my machine. I know, it is probably too nice for me, but dang it is REALLY cute, and comes with free cleanings, free classes, and 5 year warranty at their store, automatic bobbin, and automatic threading and a one step button hole, (which I just learned this week what that was), and it is PINK!!

6 comments:

christiansen family said...

It was fun having you over and being able to talk and hang out with you. You did an awesome job and your new sewing machine looks WAY nice! You will have fun using it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Now you can come join me with all my crazy ideas! Now I want a pink one too! :) Great Job on the crayon roll, I don't see any mistakes!

Michelle said...

I'm impressed. That's so cute!

Jeri said...

I would love to get back to sewing again. I was quite the seamstress in high school. (Even made one of my prom dresses!) I have my own machine but haven't used it in over ten years. I don't think I even remember how to thread it! One day when I have more time on my hands I am definitely going to start sewing again.

Natalie said...

Great job! Be careful don't start baby girl clothes -- you might become addicted!

The Smith Family said...

I love it. You did a great job. I don't even know how to sew a botton to a shirt..haha!