Friday, March 6, 2009

Mike turns 3 X 11!!




Wow, my wonderful husband is 33. Where do the years go? The kids were so excited the night before that as soon as Mike came home Aidan ran to get his gift, that was in our hiding spot. Aidan was extremely disappointed that we had to wait one more night. Madisyn and Aidan helped me make breakfast for Mike in bed, and helped put 33 candles on the cake. Cake for breakfast what else does a 33 year old need. :) When we lit all the candles Aidan just kept saying whoa, and then when Mike blew everyone out the first try both kids said whoa as the huge spoke cloud filled the kitchen. Then we opened presents. The kids loved the CARD more then anything else the card was a musical card that played the Indian Jones theme, Aidan still has the card now. Mike got a $100 gift card for golf, a golf shirt, a golf yoga DVD, and a framed picture of the kids, and pictures they had drawn for him.

That night we went to see "Taken", enjoyed a dinner at Typhoon in the Gateway, (honey walnut shrimp is to die for) and then went to the amazing Jazz game against the Nuggets on the fifth row. We also had a babysitter (thanks Kristine) all night, so Mike and I had the house all to ourselves!! Not a bad Birthday.

Madisyn let me know that for her birthday coming up this week she wants breakfast in bed, a singing card, and cake. I guess that's how traditions get started.

3 comments:

Casey and Whitney MCkell said...

I am glad he had such a great day!!!! You guys are to cute!!!I love your little family!!!!

Anonymous said...

So I set up my blog list to update everytime someone puts a new post on, but somehow yours didn't show up till today! Ya gotta love computers! Ha, I remember when I thought anyone over 30 was old, heck I used to think anyone in their 20's was old! So I guess we must be! :) Happy Late B-day Mike! (even if you are getting old!)

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great birthday - even with the creepy movie! :) Happy Birthday Mike!!