Just girls on an amazing outing in NEW YORK!!! We flew out on September 12 not even putting two and two together that we would be in New York right after the 10th anniversary of 9/11. It was pretty cool. We took the red eye in and then took a taxi to the hotel. (splitting a taxi fare 4 ways is a beautiful thing) The Pod is where we stayed and they were nice enough to let us check in and crash for a couple of hours before we started our WALKING AND WALKING AND WALKING, thats just what you do in New York.
My first place to go was a little bakery called Magnolia's Bakery, they are famous for the cupcakes and banana pudding. This is also where Sex and the City was filmed they came here often and sat and people watched. They have one in the theatre district, but the ORIGINAL I think is so much more fun. I got a Red Velvet Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting, and the other three got the banana pudding. We all thought is was pretty good. I would defiantly go back.
Our next stop was a little more south we went to ground zero, where the new memorial had just been opened. The waterfalls flowing down into the footprints of the buildings. We walked through the museum the families and survivors have put together next to the fire station house just across the street from the World Trade Center. They had many parts of the building on display, parts of the plane, people's names badges, cell phones, it was crazy how real the entire thing became. Never Forget. We then went on a tour with a man that was in one of the buildings, but survived. It was a boring tour sadly, so we got to where we could see the waterfalls and the trees in the monument and then walked out to see the Statue of Liberty. When I asked the girls their top 3 things to do in New York the Statue of Liberty never came up, so I was excited that I wouldn't have to spend a FULL day on the island. I've done it twice, but it was really cool to see it just around the corner from the World Trade Center. This is where I pointed out to the girls that the ladies walking the babies in strollers were all nannies, very different from back home.
I then took the girls across the Brooklyn Bridge to Grimaldi's the best Pizza in New York. I wanted to walk the bridge, but multiple times we messed up at the subway entrance, and we were unable to take a subway, so we had to walk most of downtown. We saw the little chapel, that is just across from the World Trade Center it is the chapel that George Washington attended, and it still stands surviving multiple fires, and attacks in the area, I think it might be a pretty special place. We also found WALL ST that was cool for the girls to see, and we walked through an old cathedral as well.
The girls were super happy that we didn't have to walk across the bridge but I was a little bummed I thought it would be super fun. Anyways we found our place and the pizza was awesome. I have to laugh though because I guess Hawaiian style pizza is a curse word in New York, you don't put pineapple on a pizza, and when Erin asked for Pineapple we got the rathe of a Brooklyn man upset that 4 Utah girls were coming in to deface the pizza. It was pretty funny. I thought the pizza was awesome, and will totally take Mike there again, it's just a great place.
I was super excited to be seeing a show at Radio City Musical Hall. The theatre was amazing. We saw a Cirque Du Sole, but the atmosphere of the heather and the paintings, and the chandeliers, it was so great!!
The actors walked around in the beginning, super cool. I loved the costumes.
We all gave it a two thumbs up.
Classic Radio City Music Hall Sign.
After the show we went and got dinner and a beautiful super pricey New York Steak House. It was super good, and defiantly beautiful, but super pricey.
Look at our gorgeous view. This is what we looked out as we sat at our wonderful booth.
We celebrated Erin's Birthday with a candle and a delicious cake we all split.
On the way home we walked past Rockafeller Center and could see the set up for the Today Show. It was a beautiful night.






No comments:
Post a Comment