Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Sacred Grove


My only goal was to get to the Sacred Grove before the crowd, so we could feel of its peace and love, without distraction. It was wonderful. Probably a little too much for an eight year old, but I could have just sat and pondered in the Grove for hours. We walked in and sat on a bench looking at the white tree in the picture above and Madisyn and I sketched a leaf into our journals. You weren't allowed to take anything, but sketching is allowed, and then we put the leaf back down. What a BEAUTIFUL place, and Mike and I both commented on how you were still so close to the Smith's home, yet you felt you were somewhere else completely.

Madisyn loved her journal, I am so glad we made those. She especially loved drawing in it.
I loved this picture of Mike and Madisyn walking into the grove. So beautiful. Look at how the sun hits the trees. It was gorgeous.
A nice couple coming into the grove as we were leaving took our picture.

Madisyn was cute we were sitting just listening and pondering, and a family walked through on the other side and they were a little noisy, and Madisyn leaned over to me and said "See they're being loud." She got a little bored with us just wanting to sit and ponder. Again maybe 8 is just a little too young.




No comments: