Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hill Cumorah Pageant

This beautiful women, Janet, is the reason we are here. I was tutoring Janet in January when she got the OK to be in the pageant. She was worried about airfare, and I said "No worries I'll buddy pass you home." So we planned our trip for Madisyn to go back to Palmyra around the end of the pageant. The show was WONDERFUL! Janet played an earlier church member listening to Joseph Smith speak. She did great, and was seated first row. Janet had reserved seats for my parents and my little family to sit in the VIP section, but things got shuffled funny and we didn't get those seats, but we did sit next to a wonderful couple, that was not LDS. My Dad, the quiet man that he is, took this opportunity to share his testimony of family and Jesus with these wonderful people. Then the sister missionary that I really liked from the log home walked by and I asked her to bare her testimony to her as well. She did an amazing job. Then we came to find out that EVERY year they travel more then 200 miles to come see the pageant, and loved the message it left. WOW, all because we didn't get the VIP seats, we got to experience sharing the gospel to this wonderful couple. It was really cool, and it was great talking about how Families are Forever and how important Jesus is to having a strong marriage and family. SUPER COOL!!!


As you walk into the pageant they have the cast out to take pictures with you. Madisyn didn't want to but I wanted pictures so we posed with multiple people in the pageant.






No comments: