This is what Mike and I saw when we came into the hospital. AHHHHHHH...I couldn't believe it. I also couldn't believe that with a wound like that the bleeding had stopped. Once we came they were allowed to give Madisyn drugs for the pain, and man the drugs were great, at one point Madisyn lifted her hurt fingers with them dangling and said "WHOA..." We quickly encouraged her to put them down.

Once they realized there were no broken bones they contacted a plastic surgeon to do the reattachment of the fingertips. These are the fingers from the backside, we are so great full the door didn't cut all the way through. The plastic surgeon was very optimistic that Madisyn would have feeling in the ends of her fingers again.

This is the after shot of the fingers reattached. Not bad. She will be out of gymnastics for 6 weeks.
3 comments:
Ouchie! So glad she is doing so much better.
Holy Cow! I'm glad they were able to reattach them. Hope they feel better soon.
She is so tough!!! I love her
Post a Comment