
We drove down to Cedar City on Friday night, for my Mike's Grandma's funeral. It really was the best funeral ever. She has over 170 prosperity grand-kids and great grand kids, we filled almost the entire middle section of the chapel, and then friends filled the rest of the chapel and two overflows. It was unbelievable. All of her kids talked and then she had a friend from when she was dating her husband talk. He talked about how young she was and the things they enjoyed doing as a young couple before and after marriage. Talked about his wife that had pasted away, and how it's tough, but you take one day at a time. What a great way to share your young life with all of your kids, grand kids, and great grand-kids. Then Dave (Mike's Dad) sang a song called Her Hands, and it fit Grandma perfect, it talked about a mom's hands from taking care of a baby, to leading a child in the right direction, to having wrinkled hands that we can't take away the pain, hands that used to make bread and sew but can't any longer, and how those hands are now with God. Not a dry eye in the congregation. Then she had her stake president talk, and he said he really didn't know why he was talking, but in the middle of his prepared talk he stopped and said now I know why she asked me to speak, she wants me to share the testimony that she bore just two weeks ago in the ward. So through him she was able to share with all of us her testimony. It was unbelievable, I hope that I can live up to just part of what she was able to do in her life time. Our whole family loves and misses our Grandma, and Great Grandma.
3 comments:
oh my GOSH I got so choked up reading that post...and I got the chills that is amazing. You look beautiful in your picture by the way!
You look gorgeous in your picture, love it.
I like attending funerals where they talk about how great the person is and all the wonderful memories. Sounds like this was a GREAT funeral.
I am wiping the tears away!!! She sounds amazing!! I am glad it was so great!! Now relax!
Post a Comment