Sunday, September 6, 2009

Apples, and Sulpher Creek

On Sunday we went to church in Bicknel and then visited Greatx4 Grandma and Grandpa Hanson in Loa. Doing the math with the years they were alive we figure they probably started with others the little town of Loa. The rest of their family moved on to Nephi where a lot of Mike's ancestors are from.

Then we ate lunch and we went on another adventure. We looked at the indian drawings just off the road in Fruita, (Capital Reef) and then went to the peach orchard that was open on Friday, but now Sunday it was closed. I was quite sad, So we then went to pick pears and they had apples too. The kids had fun climbing up and picking the fruit. What a great experience for the little ones. We also saw tons and tons of deer.





I then led the family on to Sulpher Creek with the promise that it was going to lead to a waterfall. My family would laugh because they always say that no matter what, I can always find a waterfall, and yes in dry dessert Capital Reef I found a beautiful waterfall, we named it Cousin's Falls. The girls loved it. They all walked the river the entire way and then around a corner Keaton yelled hey there it is and sure enough we had made it. The girls were troopers and loved walking in the water. I would say one of the best hikes in Capital Reef!!






Madisyn and I loved the rock formation called The Castle and here is Keaton and Madisyn with The Castle behind them. We told them it looked like Diamond Castle from the Barbie movie.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

What a fun weekend! I haven't seen Kurt's kids in forever, they are growing so much. You can tell Keaton & Madisyn are good friends. So fun. I have to admit, I am wanting to go to Canyonlands even more now.