Friday, January 7, 2011

The 27 Waterfalls

If you ever go to Puerto Plata you have to take a taxi (40.00 USD RT) to the 27 waterfalls. It is amazing. It is a national park so you have to pay for a guide, but really you are paying for someone to help you go up all the waterfalls. We got there late so we only got to do 7, but I would have loved to have done all 27. It really was amazing.

If you didn't have shoes you rent one for 20 pesos. The shoes were Keds for girls, and these plastic dress shoes for the boys. I brought my water shoes, but Mike had to rent his. I thought he looked really good in them. :)



We had to hike into the waterfalls. On the hike the guides put on our Dominican passport. Stripes of clay on our face. The guide in the back got a little crazy with his passport.


Look how narrow and beautiful it is. I loved it!!


The water was super high and you had to swim a ton up stream. The one guy from New Jersey was a little winded, but Mike and I did great.


As you can see I was smiling the entire time! I loved it! I will try to screen capture the footage of us sliding down the falls and post some of those shots.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This looks so dang cool! How fun! I'm glad you guys were able to go do this. Fun other updates on your blog too. I love all your pictures!