Friday, December 11, 2009

The Princess and the Frog

In My Family fashion, I talked Mike into working from home today and taking the kids and myself to the first showing of the Princess and the Frog. I got the kids ready like normal and off to school and playgroup, not letting them in on our little secret. After Aidan's playgroup we went over to Madisyn's school and kidnapped her and took her to the movie, saying off course that she had a doctors appointment. Madisyn was extremely confused, and when they called her up to the office the teacher didn't hear that she needed to be ready to go, so Madisyn did not have her backpack or coat. I had to send my confused child back to class, but before I did I told her we were going to see The Princess and the Frog. She told her teacher and class what was up when she went back to get her backpack and coat, we will need to work on her "getting out of school" skills for next time.



We all loved the movie. I loved the fact that it wasn't in 3-D, since my kids are too little to enjoy that, and how Disney worked the Princess thing in since it was based in New Orleans, and Madisyn and I both cried and laughed too many times to count.
Yeah for the new hardworking Disney Princess, Dreams do come true, but Wishes only take you half way there. Great MOVIE!

2 comments:

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

That is so cute. I took Bos on saturday and he loved it. Really cute show. Glad you all enjoyed it. You are such a cute mom.

DeEtt said...

I will see what I can do to help Madisyn get better at skipping school. I was a master.