So Mike and I in the beginning of our marriage (8 years ago) purchased some food storage, but at the time I wasn't really cooking (we were both working) and when I started cooking, the thought of food storage rotation was really not top on my list. So... the flour went bad. Mike said it wasn't bad, but it smelled funny, and after I tried cooking two different batches of cookies that turned out horrible, I decided it needed to go. But I found the kids LOVED playing in it. My kitchen counter became the center of attention for my two little ones that grabbed all the play kitchen utensils and went to town making and creating anything and everything. --so don't let your four go bad, but if it does, then the kids will LOVE to play in it.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
OLD FLOUR--Here's your answer
So Mike and I in the beginning of our marriage (8 years ago) purchased some food storage, but at the time I wasn't really cooking (we were both working) and when I started cooking, the thought of food storage rotation was really not top on my list. So... the flour went bad. Mike said it wasn't bad, but it smelled funny, and after I tried cooking two different batches of cookies that turned out horrible, I decided it needed to go. But I found the kids LOVED playing in it. My kitchen counter became the center of attention for my two little ones that grabbed all the play kitchen utensils and went to town making and creating anything and everything. --so don't let your four go bad, but if it does, then the kids will LOVE to play in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My kids LOVE playing in flour. That is such a mess though, you are nice to let them do that!
You're such a fun mom. Letting your kids play with flour. All my kids have gotten into the flour and it was a mess. Maybe if I allowed them to play with it they wouldn't find it so tempting.
What a great MOM moment! I wonder if old flour would make good playdough?
Post a Comment