So on Monday I pretended to be a mommy of 3. My Cousin needed her one year old tended for the day, and I was excited to see how the kids would be with a third. Well, the first part of the day was GREAT! Until about 4:15 pm and everything hit the fan. Baby Kate woke up from her nap just fine, but Aidan wet the bed. Usually he doesn't wet the bed, so he was upset and confused. I was trying to take care of Aidan, but Baby Kate wanted me too, she kept pushing Aidan away and both were crying. About this time Madsiyn was getting home from school, and she wanted to know what had happened, and I told her that Baby Kate wanted to be held, but that I was trying to clean Aidan up, and change his clothes. Both kids were hanging on me and pretty much screaming or crying, and Madisyn in response said, "I think we need another Mom? Let's call Whitney." I couldn't help but laugh at the situation and the quick response my daughter gave. My family loves you Whit, how cute that you were the one she said to come over. I was able to handle the situation myself, and everyone was happy in about 10 minutes, but I still laugh that Madisyn just said, we need another mommy. For all those moms out there that are tired at the end of the day, I know why, we are constantly putting out little emergencies that were never planned all day long. I love being a Mom, but wow some days I wonder HOW I make it.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Let's Call Whitney
So on Monday I pretended to be a mommy of 3. My Cousin needed her one year old tended for the day, and I was excited to see how the kids would be with a third. Well, the first part of the day was GREAT! Until about 4:15 pm and everything hit the fan. Baby Kate woke up from her nap just fine, but Aidan wet the bed. Usually he doesn't wet the bed, so he was upset and confused. I was trying to take care of Aidan, but Baby Kate wanted me too, she kept pushing Aidan away and both were crying. About this time Madsiyn was getting home from school, and she wanted to know what had happened, and I told her that Baby Kate wanted to be held, but that I was trying to clean Aidan up, and change his clothes. Both kids were hanging on me and pretty much screaming or crying, and Madisyn in response said, "I think we need another Mom? Let's call Whitney." I couldn't help but laugh at the situation and the quick response my daughter gave. My family loves you Whit, how cute that you were the one she said to come over. I was able to handle the situation myself, and everyone was happy in about 10 minutes, but I still laugh that Madisyn just said, we need another mommy. For all those moms out there that are tired at the end of the day, I know why, we are constantly putting out little emergencies that were never planned all day long. I love being a Mom, but wow some days I wonder HOW I make it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YOU MADE ME CRY!!!! I LOVE YOUR FAM! JUST AS MUCH IF NOT MORE!!!! WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT YOU!!!
You are an AWESOME mom, Timette! Thanks again for watching Kate for me.
Ahhh that is so cute. My kids always want to call Whitney...she is too good with kids. What is the secret? I had one of those days yesterday. It is any wonder that I have hair left on my head. Cannot wait for warmer days when I can run around outside with the kids to wear them out. :)
Sometimes I wish we had two mommy's like a tag team. When all the kids are crying you need another hand.
I think EVERY mom knows what u mean!!! I thank God for my mom and mother-in-law ALONG with all the other women out there that have given me a helping hand when I needed one. Thank God for the angels that surround us!!!
Trisha
Post a Comment