Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Early Morning --It's worth it.




We went to the Draper Temple open house today. We had to be church ready by 7:30 am, and then we had our reservation at 8 am. No crowd and a wonderful experience. Madisyn wore her pretty white dress, and every host commented on how beautiful she looked. Aidan insisted that he walk up each step, and I think he liked the noise the carpet protector made when he walked. Madisyn's favorite room was the make-up room (Bride Room) and the swimming pool (Baptismal Font), and we can't forget that she loved the cookies at the end. I hope Madisyn got something out of going. When I was young I can still remember going through the Las Vegas and San Diego Temple, I was older then her, but the impression it left was huge in my life. I loved the chandeliers in the Celestial Room and the Sealing Rooms. The crystals that were used let off an amazing display of color.

The spirit in the temple was so nice and not having a crowd allowed me and Mike to talk to Madisyn about the different rooms. If you are planning on going morning is best. We got to the parking lot at 8 am and left the parking lot at 9:00 am.

I know that Families can be together Forever and I know that this is only done with the proper authority in the proper house. I love the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am proud to be a member of this wonderful church.

The temple open house is going until the middle of March.

5 comments:

MerrittBadges said...

Sounds like you had a great time. We went during the day too, and it was awesome! Thanks for sharing your experience and pics.

Windy said...

Yay I cannot wait to take my kids through. I am so glad you had a great experience. You are such amazing parents getting your kids up and ready to early...nice job!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog this morning. We went to the open house a few weeks ago. It was a great teaching experience to take Jake through and explain and each room. He is already talking about going into "the temple by our house".

The Smith Family said...

That is awesome. I've never been to an open house, but Paul and I just went to the temple last week. It is an amazing place!

The blog book is real simple. You download their program and it "slurps" all your post into a book. You then can rearrange to your liking. I've seen a few books, and they are very good quality and pretty inexpensive. Go check out the website...blurb.com :)

Natalie said...

What a wonderful opportunity for your family.