Friday, December 23, 2011

Work in Progress--Madisyn Ballet

Earlier this Fall a friend of mine came to me and asked if I could take over the Power Tap in her studio. She remembered me from College SUU and the Tap piece I had choreographed there. She said she has been struggling to find a teacher to teach and the caliber she needs. I was honored and said SURE. Then I found out that my kids get to take for free, FREE, that made things even better since I had been trying to find a place for Madiysn to take, and just DID NOT like any of the studios around. This studio is Ballet Based and focuses on the Art of Dance and not the Competition of Dance. I loved that and it seems Madisyn has too.

Here she is doing work on the bar. The teacher does not show them just says in Ballet language what they need to do and then they have to do it. GREAT for REAL WORLD Ballet companies, because that is how it is. She just needs a cane to smack on the ground and it would be a NEW YORK Ballet Company.

Here is some more bar work...

Then they did center and across the floor. I was super impressed and feel so blessed that Madisyn gets to get such a wonderful education in Ballet.

No comments: