For Mike's Birthday, Father's Day, Christmas, we went to the US Open at Pebble Beach. We flew in on Wednesday to enjoy Montary just a little before our two FULL days of golf. Mike wanted to show me 17 Mile Drive, but it was completely closed off even to bicyles due to the US Open. So we found a little board walk that I wanted to walk down. It ended up being unbelieveable. We walked right next to Spanish Bay, were Mike had played before, and then up to Montary Dunes (a private club) where we walked right by a beautiful Par 3 on the ocean. We saw a HUGE rock that splashed water EVERYWHERE, and otters and dolphins in the distance. It was unbelievable and reminded me of Rocky Point at Sea World with the Otters and Dolphins. I wanted to keep going, but after 2 miles down our little walk, in our flip flops Mike insisited we head back. Beaches in California are public by law, so you can actually walk around all the way to Pebble from Montary if you wanted to.
The Par 3 at Montary Dunes. I thought it was breathtaking, such a beautiful place to play golf.

I had to take a picture with Mike, and the hole in the background. Montary Dunes is a private club, so I don't think we will ever have the chance to really play this hole.

Most of the walk was on this cute boardwalk with the ocean in the background. Many people were on the walk, and a nice guy told us about the Fish Wife a WONDERFUL place to eat. It's a MexiCali food, SOOOOO Good.

Aren't we so cute. --I LOVE the ocean, I just feel at HOME when I can hear the waves and see all the fun creatures. We saw more otters then I can count. They were so cute floating on their backs.
No comments:
Post a Comment