Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Res

Whitney called me on Tuesday and asked me if I knew about this res up the mountain. I had no idea what she was talking about. Windy had told her that she found something online and had given Whitney the directions. So my kids and Whitney's kids piled into her car and drove to these coordinates in the middle of houses and up to the edge of a mountain, and sure enough there it was the Res. We went Tuesday and then again on Thursday. The kids loved it.

Aidan loved playing with this boat.


It's not too big, but just perfect for the kids.


Playing in the sand.


Make sure you bring shade. Maria and I brought our easy ups and it made it way more enjoyable.


Playing the in the sand and water. Aidan loved transporting the water into a kid made lake on the beach.


Yes that's me out there in the water. At one point I had to swim the entire length of the res to rescue one of our noodles. When I showed Madisyn that the noodle had floated to the middle of the res I asked her who should go get it, and she looked at me with sad worried eyes and said "Me?" She was very happy when I told her that I would go get it, but to not lose it again.


When we were packing up to leave the kids all grabbed hands with Madisyn in the lead, and I just had to take a picture.

2 comments:

JaNece said...

That was fun! Let's do it again!!

Windy said...

I LOVE the RES!!!! Good times good times!!