Mike's work puts on a 5K every year to raise money to send a group of college kids to help build schools, or build houses in third world countries. I liked the idea that the money stayed within the company and gave people within the company such amazing opportunities.
Here we are in Mike's office where we stashed items we didn't want to get lost or stolen, and I had to take a picture. I was so excited that Mike was running too.
Here we are lined up at the start line. We had decided that I would actually run the race, and that Mike would stay along with Madisyn. At the beginning of the race though Madisyn came up to hold my had, because that's what we do when we run races, and I had to explain to her that I was RUNNING the race and would be unable to run with her. I felt really bad, as she walked away and back to Mike. I think she thought she could run as fast as me, and was sad that I didn't want her with me.
All the kids recieved medals. I LOVE THAT!!! Madisyn loved going up and getting her medal.
I placed 2nd in my age division, not bad, with a time of 21:13, ONE DAY I'LL BREAK 21...


No comments:
Post a Comment