Saturday, June 18, 2011
It's All About the Sticker
Anyone that drives in Utah has seen the RAGNAR sticker. I used to think it was a cool butterfly and had NO IDEA it was a really cool race. So I played dumb for the past 5 years and pretended I knew what that sticker was, I know others did too, I'm just the only one admitting to it. Same goes for that LOTOJO sticker. Anyways, I have been wanting to run this race, but didn't know how to get on a team, when Christie told me that she had a team. It was about 3 weeks from the race and I let her know that if anyone drops I would love to take their place. Well sure enough just like any 12 person team someone dropped and there I was runner 6 on the "Whatever" team at RAGNAR Wasatch Back.
The race starts at Utah State and ends at Park City. I ran a total of 23 miles, I was suppose to run 18, but one of the guys in the car had a horrible blister on his toe and his last leg was his hardest and my last leg was an easy 5K so we switched. When I added up how many miles I ran I thought what the heck if I can run 23 miles at a 730-8 minute pace without sleep, then WHY am I not doing a marathon. The group in my car agreed and so I will start looking for a marathon to run.
I really REALLY liked our team name, and I loved that the team captain was able to just say WHATEVER when you brought something up, like "Can I do Pink Streaks in my hair?" "Whatever" I LOVE THAT. This is our WHATEVER sign, and we had the best song, Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae.
This was the entire team all 12 of us and our AWESOME shirts. I loved the turned around RAGNAR sign for our "W" so AWESOME. Karen's Mom on the end bent down was amazing. She's from Kentucky and I asked her to find me a cheer shirt, since they are my favorite and sure enough she ordered me one and brought it for me to wear. How awesome is that. She also volunteered for us during the race. She had so much energy, just like me so we totally got along.
All done with my sticker in hand. I put it on my car that day. Yea for RAGNAR and Team Whatever that was SOOO... much fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment